02 Nov Examples of Ancient Civilizations and their belief in sound
Visionary doctors and quantum physicists are now echoing what ancient civilizations once suggested: everything is vibration. In fact, many religions and spiritual paths have understandings that the world was created through sound. Here are a few examples of beliefs that the world was created through sound:
- In the book of Genesis, from the Old Testament, one of the first statements is: “And God said, Let there be light.”
- In the Gospel according to John, from the New Testament, it is written: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
- From the Vedas of the Hindu tradition: “In the beginning was Brahman with whom was the Word. And the Word is Brahman.”
- The ancient Egyptians believed that the god Thoth created the world by his voice alone.
- The Hopi Indians tell the story of the Spider Woman, who sang the Song of Creation over the inanimate forms on Earth, bringing them to life.
- In the Australian Aboriginal tradition, the sound of the didgeridoo was responsible for creating the world.
- Many African legends from different tribes tell of the origin of the world through sound.
- According to the sacred Mayan text the Popol Vuh, the first humans were given life solely through the power of the word.
- In Polynesia and the Far East, the gods and goddesses struck gongs or blew conch shells in order to create the world.
Jonathan Goldman; The 7 secrets of sound healing. Copywrite 2017.